‘Eat Drink Man Woman’ And ‘Cold Turkey’ At New Britain Library
New Britain Public Library this week will show two films, one to commemorate the Chinese New Year, and the other just for fun.
On Monday, Jan. 23, at 6:30 p.m., the film is “Eat Drink Man Woman,” directed by the great Ang Lee. The story tells of an aging master Chinese chef with three grown daughters, who all have agendas that worry him. It is considered one of the greatest movies ever made about food.
On Wednesday, Jan. 25, at noon, the movie is “Cold Turkey,” a 1971 comedy starring Dick Van Dyke about a contest for a whole town to quit smoking, and the cigarette company executive who tries to sabotage it.
Admission to both is free. The library is at 20 High St.
- ‘Mrs. Miniver’ At Kent Library
- Literary Happenings: Local authors publish new fiction, nonfiction
- ‘Da Vinci Code’ author to discuss new book during library event
- Literary Happenings: Maisie Dobbs mysteries’ author to sign latest book
- Early Soviet Propaganda Film, ‘Seekers of Happiness,’ At New Haven Library