Eva Mendes or Solange Knowles? Who wears their tan and cream twist dress best?
Two Hollywood starlets whose styles are completely different, wear dresses by two different designers, yet somehow their looks are markedly similar. Actress Eva Mendes, and singer/songwriter/actress/DJ Solange Knowles both stepped out recently in tan and cream color blocked dresses, with different fashion results.
Eva attended the Salvatore Ferragamo Resort 2012 collection presentation in New York, wearing Salvatore Ferragamo (natch). Her dress had a cream and tan color combination, deep v-neck, and a twist detail at the waist. Eva accessorized with an oversized ring, hoop earrings, and a stack of bangles. For footwear, she opted for a pair of champagne pumps.
Solange, celebrating her twenty-fifth birthday at LAVO nightclub in Las Vegas, wore a similarly colored cream and tan Alexander Wang drape detail dress. Also featuring twist detailing at the waist like Eva’s Ferragamo creation, Solo’s Wang dress has a much shorter hemline, and more figure hugging fit.
Solange pushes the style envelope as only she can, by completing her look with a head full of longer than waist length box braids, neon orange nails, connector rings, and a pair of funky heels.
Both ladies’ dresses are definitely similar in style, but their respective ensembles speak to different tastes in fashion. Do you prefer Eva’s sultry, sophisticated look? Or are you a fan of Solange’s fun and young style?
- Which Charlie’s Angel, err, I mean, Carol’s Daughter spokeswoman rocks her individual look best?
- I Want That! Eva Marcille’s Topshop Cream Circle Fringe Trim Tunic
- Elle Fanning wears Marc Jacobs Resort 2012 to the 2011 Women In Film Crystal + Lucy Awards.
- More affordable red carpet fashion! Ashley Tisdale wears ASOS to Miu Miu presents ‘Muta’ event.
- Yet another mag cover for Beyonce, this time the August/September issue of Complex Magazine.